Friday, November 28, 2008

Thing #20-Google Docs

Goggle Docs is now one of my favorite sites that we have explored. I went in and made a . I also looked at the spreadsheet and started thinking of unique ways to use it within my program. Though I am not expected to give grades to my students, I do like to keep the classroom teacher informed of a student's progress in my class. The spreadsheet would be an easy way for teachers to have access to information such as a student's language level, progress on skills tests, etc. I get very tired of sending e-mails to approximately 30 teachers. Teachers could access a spreadsheet document to check this information without me having to search for common information. Another use for the spreadsheet would be if other teachers would post their assignments where I could access them and help gear all of my teaching toward their classroom activities. This would save time and paper! Teachers usually give me a printed copy of the the weeks lessons-lots of paper that is not necesary. This would be my technologic dream!