Friday, December 5, 2008

Thing # 23

Social networking is really unique! I definitely like Ning and all the aspects that it entails. I wasn't a real fan of Gather. It just didn't interest me at all. I found many resources on the Ning sites that I thought would be useful in both my professional development and teaching. Quality ideas from other educators always spark ideas for my own classroom. I also liked the Texas School Librarians Ning site. I like to keep up with children's literature even though I don't have much class time to use the library. Whenever I can suggest reading material for a child it makes me feel great. I will continue to visit and join the Ning sites. they are a wealth of information that will help my own personal learning journey continue.

As I was looking through the Texas Librarian site, I found two links to science fair project sites that sparked my interest. At this time of year, my students are always asking for help. The sites are in English and Spanish . My thanks to Shirley Lukenbill for this information. So many of my student's parents want to help their child with their school work, but the language interferes. Now, maybe we'll get a few successful projects.

No comments: